Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pass me the Nyquil, Coach

For about a week now, we've all been trying to shake off a cold. I've been sick before, but I am finding out how different being sick is when you have a child...and they are also sick. There's no sleeping in because you couldn't breathe the night before and just can't even fathom the idea of getting out of bed. No, you have to get up at 4:30am because your daughter is congested and wants you to just hold her. I'm not gonna lie...it's a struggle. Because seriously, when I am sick, I just want to be taken care of....just like Shelby does. But who wouldn't want to snuggle with this little cutie?




Prior to us coming down with the sickness, I took Shelby to the football game last Friday night to see her daddy coach for the first time. Nate started coaching at Okmulgee halfway through their football season and this was the first opportunity for me to take her to a ball game. As you can see in this picture (by the scoreboard and Nate's face), we lost miserably. BUT, the great thing was how well Shelby did. She sat in her GranJan's lap the entire game and did not fuss at all. I believe we have a little people-watcher on our hands. She LOVED the game and watching all the people in the stands. Thank goodness because she has many more games in her future!



No comments:

Post a Comment