Thursday, October 14, 2010

Green is Good

So I decided to start a blog to document our life as a family, our daughter Shelby, and just life in general. It seems like just this month things in our lives have just began to settle down. In May we were blessed with the birth of our little monkey, Shelby.


Since her birth we have been on the move! We were back and forth from our home in Crescent, OK to Tulsa and Bixby while we built our first home just south of Bixby. Things were pretty chaotic, so let me tell ya how good it feels to be in our own home. Eventually I plan to post pics of our house and the rooms that my longtime friend and college roomie Alayna helped me decorate. She is so incredibly gifted and really helped me figure out what looked best in our home!

Motherhood has been an interesting adventure as well. I seriously cannot believe how much I love being a mom. Prior to having Shelby, I was a social worker at a hospital in OKC and I LOVED my job. I really thought I would go back full time because I just couldn't imagine staying home with my daughter all. day. long. Well, guess what, I stay home with her full time now. I have been given what I see as an awesome opportunity to watch her grow while Nate works full time as a teacher and football coach. I know for sure that I will return to being a social worker in the future, but for now I will revel in every moment I have with Shelby. She is the BEST, if I do say so myself.



Not to say that all my times with Shelby have been butterflies and rainbows; I wouldn't go back to the first 3 months of her life for anything. Sleepless nights are insane! The day that I woke up and Shelby had slept 5 hours in a row, I thought I was in heaven. Now she sleeps 8 or 9 hours at night and it. is. incredible!!!

Everyday with Shelby is fun and challenging. I work hard for her smiles and giggles, which make my world go round. I love living near our families so they can see her and watch her grow as well. Hopefully with this blog I can document her accomplishments (right now she is semi- sitting up on her own!), our crazy life, and some random tidbits here and there.

Life is good, God is good and, being a Green is good!

1 comment: