These past few months have been unbelievable! Shelby is incredible and I am loving every minute that I get to spend with her. So, here's the lastest on Shelby...
1. Loves solid food. Don't try to give her any of that mushy baby food. She's onto bigger and better things. She loves chicken (like her mama), green beans, broccoli, grapes, tortillas, and the list goes on and on.
2. We're trying to wean from the bottle a little each week. That's not going so well. Enough said.
3. She can crawl, scoot, cruise on furniture...and there are many moments during the day where she is standing on her own. She can walk a few steps but she is trying to gain more confidence.
4. Girlfriend love, love, loves to read. The other day she was not in my sight and when I called out for her to come to me, she didn't. I thought for sure she was a.) putting something in her mouth that she shouldn't, b.) unrolling the toilet paper, or c.) not breathing. (C. is a bit irrational, but it's where my mind goes---I can't help it). Anyway, as I frantically ran into the other room...this is what I found:
And, to add to it. She's looking at the book the correct way and was turning pages! She's a genius if I do say so myself.
5. In February I went with my Mom to the Just Between Friends sale in Tulsa. Oh my overwhelming. But I got a few great toys including this one that she almost exclusively plays with. I would highly recommend getting this Fisher Price Play and Learn House. I would also highly recommend you go to JBF to get one of these. They retail for around $84 and I got hers for $40. Barely used.
6. Sickness and teething are not a delightful mix. A couple of weeks ago, Shelby came down with RSV. This coincidentally happened right at the same time as the weekend Nate and I were a.) going to celebrate our long, overdue Anniversary at Big Cedar Lodge in Missouri and, b.) leaving Shelby for her first weekend away from us. On the Thursday night before we were supposed to leave for Branson, she woke up in the middle of the night with and fever and having vomited all over herself and her bedding. After some Tylenol and a bottle, she fell back asleep and woke up seemingly feeling better.
So, thinking Shelby was on the mend, we left on our much needed vacation together. And we needed it. Here's a shot of Nate at the lake and our view from our cabin. Absolute bliss.
We came home to one very sick girl. Her doctor said it was a combo of RSV, allergies (from all the wildfires), and teething.
|Sick at Nana's|
So after many sleepless nights...things started to look up.
|Four teeth so far...and currently cutting four more.|
And today she's back to herself. One happy, fun-loving girl. I love her.