Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall, Boo-Boo's, and { 6 } Months of Shelby

Just a few thoughts about my random life...
  1. Fall is the BEST time of year. Windows open, fresh air filling my home...it just puts me in the best mood. Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner! I have actually gotten some of my X-mas shopping done already, which NEVER happens.
  2. What was I thinking with a 2-door car?! Obviously I was living in the moment...and at that moment, I was being practical and saying to myself, "Honda's get the BEST gas mileage!" I would give anything to have a gas-guzzling SUV right about now. Let's just say it ain't pretty getting a car seat in and out of the back. It's just not right. On the flipside, at least I have a car...
  3. Shelby got her first boo-boo. I cried. She cried. No, I take that back, I bawled. Our dog, Duke, was playing fetch with a stick (more like a log) and as Shelby was sitting in my lap, he whacked it upside her head. Oh yeah, I felt SO guilty. A picture of the aftermath is below.                                            
  4. This past Sunday I found out that all the water from a 6 oz. bottle leaked in the diaper bag and found my camera. Bad news: it's a goner
  5. Today, at the bookstore, as I was getting ready to check out, I found a bottle of formula dumped over in my purse and it saturated my phone. Good news: the phone survived.
  6. After the incident at the bookstore, I paraded myself over the Target (Yay!) and bought different bottles. We started out with the Dr. Brown's bottles, which I loved, but I found that they always leaked (learned this the hard way and way too many times to count). They were great at reducing the air bubbles, but a pain in the rear to clean. So, we moved on to different bottles.
  7. I may have some road rage, but I saw a man flip off a woman in a van and I was m.o.r.t.i.f.i.e.d. People seriously need to chill out. Keep it classy Tulsa.
  8. Miss Shelby is 6 months tomorrow! Can you believe it?! She is the sweetest and happiest baby (if I do say so myself). She can sit up all on her own, has chubby cheeks and thighs (I like to think she has my lips and hips, but otherwise...looks totally like Nate!), and is so much fun to be around! Shelby, your Daddy and I love you beyond words. Your laugh makes my heart burst. I am so happy to be your Mommy and I look forward to all our fun times ahead.  Here are some of the pics for Halloween where Shelby was a monkey.

    Monkey Time!
    Happy!
    
    With Nana and Papa
     
    Asleep on her GranJan at the Church Fall Festival
     
    Boo-Boo from Duke
    

1 comment:

  1. adorable! costume turned out great...love the bow. pics maybe sunday????????

    ReplyDelete